JS Khushal Takaful
JS Khushal Takaful is a savings & protection plan ensuring financial protection for your long-term savings & investment needs. The JS Khushal Takaful plan is a regular contribution, unit-linked plan where your investment benefits are largely linked to the Participants Investment Fund (PIF). JS Khushal Takaful plan is underwritten by Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Ltd.
What is Takaful?
Takaful is an Islamic way of safeguarding yourself and your family against future financial losses. Takaful is a community pooling system based on the principles of brotherhood and mutual help, wherein participants contribute in a fund to help those who need it most in times of financial difficulties. In practice, Takaful serves as a Halal risk-mitigation tool.
Features of JS Khushal Takaful
Takaful (Protection) Benefits: The basic plan offers the option of lump sum or periodic payments if, God forbid, any participant passes away during the term of his/her membership. The amount paid is called the Face Value; however, if the Cash Value is higher than the Face Value then the Cash Value is paid.
Maturity Benefits: Upon completion of term, you will receive Cash Value available in the Participant
Investment Fund (PIF) and accumulated surplus, if any, from Waqf Pool.
Additional Takaful Benefits: Participants can opt for following additional benefits:
- Takaful Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Takaful Family Income Benefit
- Takaful Waiver of Contribution
- Takaful Hospital Daily Allowance
- Takaful Accidental Death Benefit
- Takaful Permanent Total Disability-Sickness
- Takaful Critical Illness
- Takaful Additional Term
Indexation: To protect your Fund growth & Death benefit from inflation, you may increase the contribution or Face Value, or both by 5%, 10%, or 15% to safeguard your investment in the form of annual indexation.
Top Up Benefits:You can enjoy additional contributions during the policy period. The minimum top-up contribution amount is Rs.15,000/-
Surplus Sharing:The concept of ‘Surplus Sharing’ is a unique feature of Takaful. Surplus is generated when funds are available at the end of the year after paying off all claims and meeting all expenses.
The minimum basic plan contribution for the JS Khushal Takaful is Rs. 25,000 per annum.
Funds Management & Strategy
The task of investing funds in Shariah approved and financially viable businesses is carried out by a team of investment specialists at Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Limited.
Funds Withdrawal Opportunity
Although not advisable, but as a member of the JS Khushal Takaful Plan, you are entitled to make withdrawals from your Participant’s Investment Fund (PIF). Your options are as follows:
- Full withdrawals.
- Partial withdrawals: Minimum withdrawal of Rs.15,000 from PIF on an ad-hoc or on regular basis which can be monthly, quarterly, half-yearly & yearly. Upon withdrawal, the Residual Value of PIF should be at least Rs. 25,000 or 20% of the value of PIF, whichever is higher.
The product is available to anyone between the ages of 18 to 65 years. The minimum term of the plan is 10 years whereas the maximum maturity age of the participant is 85 years.
- The contributions received with respect to the Takaful Policies are invested by Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Limited (the insurer) as per the laid down terms and conditions.
- This Takaful product is underwritten by Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Ltd. It is not guaranteed by JS Bank Limited or its affiliates and is not a JS Bank product.
- Growth in the value of the participant’s contributions depends on the performance of the fund.
- Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Limited (the insurer) is registered and supervised by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and JS Bank Limited (the corporate agent) is regulated by State Bank of Pakistan.
- All investments made in the fund are subject to market risks. The past performance of the fund is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Any forecast made is not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance of the fund and neither Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Ltd nor JS Bank Limited (the corporate agent) will incur any liability for the same.
- A personalized illustration of benefits will be provided to the participant by the JS Bank Limited sales representative. Please refer to the notes in the illustration for detailed understanding of various relevant terms and conditions.
- Service charges and taxes will be applicable as per the Bank’s “Schedule of Charges” and taxation laws as stipulated by the relevant authorities.
- JS Bank Limited reserves the right to levy such additional charges as may be required, to facilitate the making of contribution in the plan, in the event that the arrangement between JS Bank Limited and Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Limited is discontinued.