JS SARMAYA TAKAFUL
JS Sarmaya Takaful is a specially designed single contribution investment plan ensuring safety of your capital and stable returns with the additional benefits of Takaful protection. JS Sarmaya Takaful is underwritten by Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Ltd.
What is Takaful?
Takaful is an Islamic way of safeguarding yourself and your family against future financial losses. Takaful is a community pooling system based on the principles of brotherhood and mutual help, wherein participants contribute in a fund to help those who need it most in times of financial difficulties. In practice, Takaful serves as a Halalrisk-mitigation tool.
Function of JS Sarmaya Takaful
With JS Sarmaya Takaful, your contribution is placed in a specially managed fund named Secure WealthFund. This fund serves to keep your investment safe, guaranteed promising return, and ensures protection & stability at the same time. Being completely Shariah-compliant, JS Sarmaya Takaful does not offer fixed returns on your investments. A small portion from this fund is diverted into the Waqf fund to make sure that your family’s financial needs are taken care of in case of any mishap, such as natural or accidental death of the participant.
The minimum basic plan contribution for the JS Sarmaya Takaful is Rs. 300,000 to a maximum of Rs. 100,000,000/-.
Your investments are managed through the fully transparent Unit Linked Investments system. It works by dividing your investment in the Secure Wealth Fund into units of equal value according to the prevailing unit value. All subsequent operations are carried out in terms of these units and the value of each unit increases to reflect the growth of your investment.
Investment Avenues of Secure Wealth Funds
- Islamic Mutual Funds
- Secure Sukuk
- Placement in Islamic Banks
- Equity Markets
All investments and returns adhere to strict Shariah guidelines provided by the independent Shariah Board.
Benefits JS Sarmaya Takaful offers
At maturity:At completion of term, you will be entitled to receive the full cash value of the available units in your Secure Wealth Fund.
In case of natural death: Your nominee or beneficiary will be entitled to either 105% of the initial contribution or the cash value, whichever is greater. The death benefit is limited to Rs. 20 million.
In case of accidental death: Your nominee or beneficiary will be entitled to an amount of Rs. 1 million in addition to the benefit payable in case of natural death.
Funds Withdrawal Opportunity
Funds can be fully or partially withdrawn before the completion of terms, but it is highly recommended that you persist with your chosen plan till your investment matures, as it allows for optimization of returns. Your options are as follows:
- Full withdrawals
- Partial withdrawals: Minimum withdrawal of Rs. 15,000 from PIF on an ad-hoc or on regular basis which can be monthly, quarterly, half-yearly & yearly. Upon withdrawal, the Residual Value of PIF should be at least Rs. 25,000 or 20% of the value of PIF, whichever is higher.
The product is available to anyone between the ages of 18 to 65 years. The minimum term of the plan is 5 years whereas the maximum term is 10 years.
After attaining age of 60 years, no Takaful benefit will be paid from IFTPF. In such a case, death benefit will be limited to the value of Secure Wealth Fund.
- The contributions received with respect to the Takaful Policies are invested by Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Limited (the insurer) as per the laid down terms and conditions.
- This Takaful product is underwritten by Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Ltd. It is not guaranteed by JS Bank Limited or its affiliates and is not a JS Bank product.
- Growth in the value of the participant’s contributions depends on the performance of the fund.
- Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Limited (the insurer) is registered and supervised by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and JS Bank Limited (the corporate agent) is regulated by State Bank of Pakistan.
- All investments made in the fund are subject to market risks. The past performance of the fund is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Any forecast made is not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance of the fund and neither Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Ltd nor JS Bank Limited (the corporate agent) will incur any liability for the same.
- A personalized illustration of benefits will be provided to the participant by the JS Bank Limited sales representative. Please refer to the notes in the illustration for detailed understanding of various relevant terms and conditions.
- Service charges and taxes will be applicable as per the Bank’s “Schedule of Charges” and taxation laws as stipulated by the relevant authorities.
- JS Bank Limited reserves the right to levy such additional charges as may be required, to facilitate the making of contribution in the plan, in the event that the arrangement between JS Bank Limited and Pak-Qatar Family Takaful Limited is discontinued.